Carr Communications is one of Ireland’s best-known communications companies. We provide communications, training and behavioural science insights to some of the biggest clients in the public and private sector, at home and around the world.
Our client base is expanding and we’re looking for an Account Manager to join our busy PR team. You will have a qualification in communications or public relations and have at least four years’ experience working in a PR / communications role, with a minimum of one year at Account Manager level, or equivalent, along with excellent project management skills, buckets of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
Here are some of the core responsibilities you will have in this role:
- Leading the development and implementation of client communications strategies.
- Proactive media relations and preparation of press materials (including being a point of contact for media)
- Corporate communications, writing speeches and preparing presentations, drafting items for company newsletters, website news items and e-zines
- Event management
- Developing and implementing internal communications plans
- Identifying and developing new projects and campaigns for the client
- Managing client business to a high standard
- Quickly developing relationships with the client
- Ensuring client communications objectives and deadlines are met
- Working as part of a committed and dynamic team that prides itself on exceptional results for our clients.
The ideal candidate will:
- Love communications as much as we do;
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to learn;
- At least four years’ experience in PR / communications with a minimum of one year working at Account Manager level, or equivalent
- Be committed to achieving client goals;
- Thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent copy-writing, proof-reading, presentation and communication skills.
- Experience of managing client accounts and priorities
- Meticulous attention to detail with impeccable writing skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong media contacts across a range of media, especially business media
- An interest in developing in-depth knowledge about the client’s business
- Ability to anticipate client needs – being proactive, not reactive
- Interested in current affairs, the media landscape, and the world around you.
In return, we will offer you:
- The opportunity to work on some of the biggest and high-profile clients across Ireland and the EU with some of the most experienced communications professionals in the country;
- A competitive salary;
- Continuous training and development;
- Mentorship and training from the senior leaders in Carr Communications;
- A supportive, thoughtful and inclusive workplace and company culture;
- Flexible, hybrid working with beautiful offices to work from.
How to Apply
If you’ve got what it takes to join our team, please send a current CV and cover letter by email to Account Director Dawn Lonergan, email@example.com
We do not currently have any other positions available. However, we are always interested in hearing from talented people. If you feel you would be a great fit for our team please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org