Posted on: 27th April, 2017
Carr Communications is looking for a qualified and experienced Project Manager to play a leading role in its European (Horizon 2020) Project team. The ideal candidate will have suitable qualifications and experience from the disciplines of: Project Management / European Studies / Communications / Political and / or Social Sciences. The candidate must demonstrate excellent leadership, management and communication skills across all communication media. The candidate will require meticulous attention to detail. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious team player who is enthusiastic, organised and hardworking with a strong interest in Communications and European Affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Director of PR who leads our H2020 Team;
- Project Managing the day to day activities and deliverables of the H2020 Project Team;
- Responsible for the successful delivery of Communication, Dissemination and Exploitation tasks in EU Horizon 2020 research projects and other similar projects;
- Responsible for management roles in these projects e.g. Dissemination Manager, Quality Manager and participation in Project Boards;
- Working directly with Project partners, stakeholders and external reviewers to develop and support project strategy and impact;
- Supporting the Director of PR in reviewing and developing the team to meet the increasing demands of these projects;
- Achieving and exceeding measurable targets for funded projects;
- Frequent travel in Europe.
The Person we’re looking for will be:
- Proven and experienced as a Project Manager working in an Irish and European environment;
- A team player with a positive people oriented attitude, personality and leadership skills;
- Methodical and meticulous, action and outcome focused;
- Self-motivated Project Manager with an ability to work independently in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment;
- An experienced participant in and have an excellent understanding of FP7 and Horizon 2020 proposals and projects and other project opportunities;
- Experienced in the workings of the European Commission;
- Interested in, and have an understanding of European issues;
- A skilled writer, communicator, presenter with good numeracy skills.
Carr Communications is one of Ireland’s best known communications companies with a successful track record spanning more than four decades. It has become a household name for public relations, communications, and business / management training. For the last eight years Carr Communications has been a partner in many successful and ongoing EU funded research projects (FP7/ H2020.)
How to Apply