How to get your team to better engage with you as a manager / team leader
We recently launched our Behavioural Economics and Sciences Team staffed by a team of experts in economics and psychology. The team have been working to develop new training programmes informed by the latest research in economics and psychology. “ENGAGE” is the title of their newest programme aimed at managers and team-leaders.
It uses the latest research on how managers and team-leaders can maximise engagement with their teams, and gives people really simple and useful tools to achieve this.
Who is this programme for?
- Leading and motivating a team is a key part of your role
- Your results depend on the engagement of your team members
- You have to spend a portion of your time giving briefings and team updates
- You also spend more time communicating by e-mail
- You need to balance your own work and your role as a manager /coach
Why should you attend?
- You find that your team aren’t always engaging or acting on things
- You may have received feedback that you need to up your game on the ‘people’ side
- You may have been told you are too technical
- You are uncomfortable with some aspects of the role
- You find some types of interactions – individual and team - harder than others
What outcomes can you expect?
- You will have a better understanding of what motivates people to act - or not
- You will learn how to get people to better engage with you as a manager
- You will be able to create a culture of engagement within your team
- You will know better how to motivate individuals, and the team
- You will have tools and frameworks to guide you in key communications, briefings, emails
What is the format of the programme?
- Expert inputs in the psychology of motivation, engagement, and communication
- Interactive exercises and facilitator led group discussion
- Pre-reading and follow-up reading suggestions
- Take away tools to boost team engagement
- A completed personal development plan
Who is delivering the course?
Donal Cronin – Company Director
- One of the most recognised communications and training experts in Ireland.
- Has provided strategic communications consultancy and training to the country’s leading organisations including Irish Life, Bank of Ireland, EPA, SEAI and AIB.
- Speech writer to former Taoiseach Albert Reynolds, Donal has a reputation among senior leaders as the best person to help articulate strong, clear messages.
Karl Purcell – Behavioural Economics Consultant
- Karl has worked with many of the country’s leading organisations helping them to communicate more effectively with their key stakeholders, using behavioural economics.
- He previously worked in the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform applying behavioural economics to public policymaking.
- Karl holds an MSc in Behavioural Science for Management from the University of Stirling.